Licensing is required in New York for hunting and fishing. Annual licenses are available at town clerk offices, most sporting goods shops, and select major retail stores. A previously issued hunting/trapping license or training certificate must be submitted with the hunting application. Juniors must appear in person with parent or legal guardian to apply for a junior license and present appropriate proof of age and sportsman education. Fees vary depending upon the status of the licensee and the type of license or stamp desired. Residents may also purchase a Lifetime License that includes a permanent ID card, back tag, and lifetime service. For further information on Lifetime Licenses, training information and schedules or specific license fees, contact:

Department of Environmental Conservation
License Sales 518-402-8843
Special Licenses 518-402-8985
Education 518-402-8966

DEC Regional Office
21 South Putt Corners
New Paltz 845-256-3000

DEC Regional Sub-Office
NYSDEC- Tarrytown Office
200 White Plains Road
Tarrytown 914-332-1835

Search by List

Search by a list of area regions or city names.


Search by Map

Use our interactive map to find your community